How to practise IELTS speaking on your own?
It is very important to take up the speaking practice test before you attend the actual test so that you get your desired score in the speaking test.
You do not always need a partner for IELTS speaking practice, you can do it by yourself too. Here are some steps you can follow in order to practice IELTS speaking test on your own:
- You need to understand the format of the speaking test properly.
- The IELTS Reading test, IELTS Writing test, and IELTS Listening test are held on the same day and the IELTS speaking test will be held one week before or after the three tests.
- You need to understand how you are evaluated in the actual IELTS speaking test.
- You must do a self-evaluation on the practice test given.
- The evaluation of the IELTS Speaking practice test must be done based on the following 4 criteria: Fluency, Lexical Resource, Grammatical range, and Pronunciation.
- You must try to find out the practice tests which are similar to the actual tests. For this, you can go through various IELTS speaking materials.
- There are a number of IELTS speaking test samples available online. Do, give them a try, so that you can get a fair idea of the actual IELTS test: https://ieltsonlinetests.com/sot-recording
- Record while you practice speaking.
- You can use the same topic which had appeared in the previous IELTS exam.
- Evaluate your Speaking
- Once you finish recording, you can listen to it and find out the mistakes that you have made.
- Once you find out the mistakes, try to overcome those mistakes, so that you do not repeat them during your actual IELTS Speaking test.
- You can use contractions while speaking, as this is the way native speakers talk.