Why study in Australia?
01. High-quality education system
- Australian Government has developed a world-class high-quality education system.
- A variety of fields of study and schools.
- Investment in doing research and modern technology.
- Many universities own important inventions.
- Social stability maintainance.
- IELTS is not required for many study programs.
02. Reasonable fees
- Although having a high-quality standard of living, the cost of living in Australia is lower than in the UK, US and Canada.
- Many scholarships for international students. Outstanding Vietnamese students can easily get a 30% scholarship on the tuition fee.
- Many job opportunities for international students.
- Modern infrastructure and public transportation system with many services that support students studying here.
03. Career opportunities after graduation
- After graduation, students can stay back from 2-4 years, and up to 6 years.
- Australia promotes policies which are open for immigration, which provides pathways to permanent residency and citizenship.
Bachelor degrees and postgraduate study involve a minimum of three years of full-time study (some fast-track program allows students to complete a three-year degree in two years). In general, the overal tuition fees is 28.000 AUD - 45.000 AUD / year (around 17,600 USD - 28,200 USD / year).
1. Tuition fees
Listed below is the tuition fees on average per year in Australia:
|Education Level||Per year|
|High school||12.000 – 30.000 AUD|
|Undergraduate||17.000 – 45.000 AUD|
|Postgraduate (MA, PhD…)||22.000 – 45.000 AUD|
|Types||Per year (estimated)|
|Dormitory||18.000 – 30.000 AUD|
|Homestay (living with natives)||16.000 AUD|
|Private room / house||14.000 AUD|
Staying in a dormitory is highly recommended for those who want to save travel time. The dormitory is often located on the school campus, saving both travel time and cost.
Living in a homestay allows you an opportunity to live with native people. The school will decide on a list of students living in a homestay, so the quality can be fully ensured. This is the common option for students who are under 18 and need more time to adapt to a new life in a new country.
Private room / house
Renting a house can be very expensive, depending on where you live and availability of rooms. However, you can save living costs by shopping for food and cooking for yourself.
3. Cost of living
Subway system and public transportation are cheaper than those in the UK and US.
Australia is an attractive destination for those who love tropical fruits. With a favourable weather condition, people living here can grow various types of fruits.
Asian food is diverse with reasonable price in Australia because there are many immigrants and trades activities there. You can easily buy local food of other countries in the center area.
Utensils in Australia are quite cheap, especially pots and pans that do not need to be brought.
4. Saving tips to study in Australia in 2022 – 2023
Popular supermarkets with low prices in Australia: Footscray, Springvale Shopping Centre.
Annual big sales season: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Black Friday, Summer Sales, Winter Sales… On these occasions, students can find many good deals on clothes and neccessary personal stuff for the whole year.
What to prepare to study in Australia?
The new simplified student visa framework (SSVF) can make the process of applying for a student visa simpler and reduce processing time. Since 2018, some universities in Australia do not require IELTS or TOEIC certificates and providing proof of financial resources is considered to be less complicated.
2. Entry requirements
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA (equivalents to 6.5 on a 10 point scale).
- No English certificates are required
- Graduated from high school with a minimum 3.0 GPA Or have completed 1 year of university in Vietnam with a GPA of 6.5
- IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum component score of 5.5. The requirement could be different when applying to high-ranking universities.
- Graduated from a university with a minimum 2.0 GPA (equivalents to 6.5 on a 10 point scale).
- IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum component score of 6.0
- If you take gap years after graduation from university, you should clarify the reason in your CV and your essay.
3. Financial condition
Providing proof of financial resources is considered to be less complicated than many other countries when apply to study in Australia. You need to show financial support for at least 1 year to live and study in Australia.
Tips to study in Australia
You can look for two sources of information for advice to study in Australia, including joining alumni community or asking consultation experts from InterGreat. Please find some helpful suggestions below to make your study abroad journey in Australia come true with less pressure..
A visa application is considered one of the most important stages before travelling abroad. Although getting an Australia visa seems easier, you still need to prepare well enough.
The interview appointment will be informed 1-2 weeks in advance. In the interview, you will be asked some questions to introduce yourself in English. That could be a plus point if you can answer in English fluently.
You can get your visa application results in 5-30 days or even just a few hours on working days.
2. Fields of study
In general, many jobs in Australia usually have a high range of salary, especially for jobs in popular sectors, such as healthcare, education, IT, etc.
In Australia, students often find it difficult to switch their field of study, so careful decisions should be made at the start.
3. Important notes
- In some circumstances, your student visa could be cancelled if you breach the visa rules (e.g., working over restricted hours).
- Fresh meat or vegetables with dirt are not allowed to bring to Australia.