Recent Exam Question asked in IELTS Speaking Task 2 and IELTS Speaking Task 3 on 18th March 2017.
Question asked by the Examiner for IELTS Speaking Task 2:
Talk about the importance of knowing how to cook. You have to say:
- Why is it important?
- Where all it can help a person?
- Do women cook better than men?
- What are the basics of good cooking?
Sample Answer for IELTS Speaking Task 2 according to IELTS Band 7.5:
Food is one of the three basic necessities of life. Man cannot survive without food. Most of the food items have to be cooked before being consumed. This fact speaks volumes of the importance of knowing how to cook. Not only this, cooking adds taste to food and makes it digestible. Further, knowing how to cook makes a person self-sufficient. He does not have to depend on others to satisfy his hunger pangs. He can add flavors to his cooking and churn out flavors to his cooking and churn out food that satisfies his taste buds.
Also, if a person is away from his family, for the reason of work or study, he will not face any problem of food as he capable of preparing his own food. Not only this, he can treat his friends with the special dishes made by himself and win their hearts. Cooking can even be taken up as a profession. Chefs, like Sanjeev Kapoor have given a touch of glamour to this art.
In most parts of the world, it is the women only who cook for the family. Women cook with love and affection for their families. They are expected to cook better than men. But this myth has also been shattered as we see many good male chefs in the hospitality industry.
Well the basics of good cooking are to know the required ingredients and their right quantity for the dish to be cooked, the time taken to cook the dish and also to cook in such a manner that the nutrients are not lost. Last but not the least, maintaining proper hygiene is also an important basic of good cooking.
Discussion for IELTS Speaking Task 3 based on the above question asked:
1. What is the national meal of your country?
- I live in India which is a land of diversities. As such there is no national meal. Every state has its own traditional dishes.
2. What type of food your parents like to eat?
- My parents like to eat the traditional home cooked food.
3. What are the advantages of eating out?
- Eating out offers a welcome change from the routine. A person can experiment with different types of foods when eating out. One can enjoy eating out with family and friends. Not only this, sometimes it is not possible to cook at home. So by eating out, a person can satisfy his hunger.
4. What are the disadvantages of eating out?
- The out-side food is not considered to be as healthy as the home-cooked food. Besides, it is not so pocket friendly.
5. When do people generally eat out?
- People generally eat out when they cannot cook at home. They like to eat out on the week-ends. People also like to eat out when they have to celebrate certain occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and so on. Nowadays it has become a trend to experiment with the exotic food which is generally available outside only.
6.What is the government of your country doing to promote cookery?
- Government is doing a lot to promote cookery. Cookery, as a subject, has been introduced at school level. Vocational courses, related to cookery have been introduced. There are many national TV channels related to cookery which go a long way to promote the art of cooking.
Practice your own version of the questions asked in the IELTS Speaking Task 2 and 3 with a Personal IELTS Expert who can review your answer and provide the correct feedback.