THE READING TIPS FOR IELTS
There are 40 questions in the reading module. The module consists of three passages which total about 2000-2200 words and become progressively more difficult. The passages are on topics of general interest and are intended for non-specialist readers. At least one passage will contain detailed, logical argument. Passages come from magazines and journals, books and newspapers.
• Skim read the passage (1-3 minutes) for general understanding.
• Read the questions (11-15 per passage) and underline key words.
• Scan the passage for key words or synonyms or parallel expressions for these.
• Identify the sentence or paragraph which contains the answer to the question and read it intensively.
• Write answers directly onto the answer paper. You do not have extra time at the end of the examination to transfer your answers