How to book IELTS in the UK? A simple guide to book your next exam by yourself.
How do you book an IELTS in the UK? It is actually quite simple if you know where to begin, here is a simple guide for it.
Even if you are already in the UK, you might still need to take an IELTS test to prove your English language skill to either universities or companies. Fortunately, booking an IELTS test in the UK is easy and can be done either online or at your nearest test centre, all by your self.
Before Booking Your Exam
Here are a few things to consider before booking your IELTS test:
- Book the correct test type: There are 3 types of IELTS: Academic, General Training, and IELTS for UKVI, depending on what your IELTS certificate is used for. Always ask the institutions or companies to see which type of IELTS test they need.
- Keep your personal details safe: Always check you are booking on the official IELTS website (https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/), and never share your personal information on third-party websites.
- Check the timetable: Don't delay it until it's too late. Make sure to plan ahead as some test centres are more popular than others, and you might not always be able to take the test on the exact day and location as you hoped.
- Have a Plan B: Are you confident that you can achieve your IELTS target score? If not, it's a good idea to have a Plan B such as taking PTE exam or TOEFL. Check with your institution or company to see what other English certificates they also accept.
How To Book Your IELTS
- Go to https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/book
- Go to 'Book now' and find a test location using the drop-down menu.
- On the countries/territories page, check the test locations and upcoming test dates.
- On the countries/territories page, review the documents you will need to complete the application process, such as your passport, photograph, ID or other information.
- Review the payment amount and your payment method.
- When you’re ready to book your test, gather together the documentation needed to complete the booking process.
- Complete the application form to book your test.
- List the details of five organisations that you would like your Test Report Form sent to.
- Make clear in the application If you have a disability or other condition and need the test centre to make special arrangements.
- Once you have submitted your application, remember to make a note of any instructions.