Today, we are about to share with you some phrases and expressions about appearance and personality. We hope that this post will be useful for you.
1 .Youthful appearance: to look young
Example: People always compliment on her youthful appearance.
2. Look young for your age: look younger for your age
Example: Her style of wearing makes her to look young for her age.
3. To be getting on a bit: to be getting old
Example: Recent years, my parents have been getting on a bit.
4. To bear a striking resemblance to somebody: to look very similar
Example: Everyone often says that I bear a striking resemblance to my father, which I really proud of.
5. To be good-looking: to be attractive
Example: She is the one I have a crush on who is really beautiful and good-looking.
6. To be well-built: to be muscular
Example: He has been working out for years, then he is well-built.
7. To be well-turned out: to look smart
Example: The guy who is wearing glasses and a yellow T-shirt is well-turned out.
8. To be overweight: to weigh more than is regarded as healthy
Example: Overusing fast food can cause to some health problem such as being overweight.
9. Shoulder-length hair: hair that comes down to the shoulders and no further
Example: She has shoulder-length hair, and a bright smile.
10. To lose one’s figure: to have a figure that has lost its toned shape
Example: Because she ate too much fast food recently, she lose her’s figure.
11. To get done up: to dress smartly
Example: Whenever she shows up in the public, she always get done up.
COLLOCATION AND PHRASES DESCRIBING PERSONALITY
1 . To be the life and soul of the party: a fun people, someone who is the center of activity
Example: He has always been the life and soul of every party that he took part in.
2. To hide one’s light under a bushel: to hide one’s talents and skills
Example: I have to say that she is the type of person hiding her light under a bushel.
3. To lose one’s temper: to suddenly become angry
Example: Please leave before I lose my temper.
4. Good sense of humour: the ability to understand what is funny
Example: The guy has a good sense of humour, then he always is the life and soul of the party.
5. Trustworthy: can be trusted
Example: I have known her for many years, so I must say that she is a trustworthy person.
6. Self- confident: believes in one’s own ability or knowledge
Example: My sister is self-confident, and she always believes on herself even when she has to speak in front of lots of people.
7. Self-assured: confident
Example: I want to teach my children to be self-assured from early ages.
8. Introverted: Someone who is shy
Example: In my opinion, people who is introverted cannot be a good leader.
9. Extroverted: having a confident character and enjoying the company of other people
Example: She is extroverted, and she really like to interact with other people.
10. Easy- going: relaxed and not easily worried about anything
Example: She is easy-going, and she never lost her temper.
11. To bend over backwards: to try very hard to help someone
Example: Peter has always bend over backwards to help me out whenever I am in trouble.