Circle the correct letter A-C.
Andrea is feeling happy because ...
A she’s seen Harry.
B she’s finished her exams.
C she can sleep in.
What is Harry’s problem?
Which of the items below does Harry want to sell?
Where is Harry going to advertise his books for sale?
Andrea thinks it is unlikely students will buy the furniture because ...
Andrea thinks that a second-hand shop ...
Complete the Fitness Centre brochure using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
Complete the notes below using ONE WORD ONLY.
• Understanding subtle 21 between the Canadian and United States food sectors is important for successful food marketing
• Canada has many different ethnic groups: e.g. Toronto has large 22 and Asian populations
• Growth of ethnic specialities of Mediterranean, Caribbean, South East Asian and 23 foods
• Therefore demand is increasing for new 24 to prepare these foods plus condiments and sauces
• 80% of Canadian market controlled by 8 major national chains
• Seminar to compare Canadian food trends with 25 and UK
Complete the table below.
Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|INTEREST IN HEALTHY FOOD|
• Salads are the third most commonly eaten food in Canadian 26
• Most shoppers check 27 and nutritional information
NEW WAY OF LABELLING MEAT
• Labelled according to 28 technique e.g. simmering steak
• More meals eaten away from home
• 29 increase in sales of snacks projected over next 3 years
• Growth in 30 snacks such as muesli bars
Complete the lecture notes using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Public speaking means speaking to 31 people
Lack of confidence usually due to 32
First part of public speaking is 33
This includes: 34 and length of talk
Make speech notes on small cards to talk from
35 with the audience (very important)
Speak slowly - this gives time for pronunciation and is easier for audience
- bigger audience requires 36 speech
Project your voice - rehearse and 37
Check intonation: varied tone and rhythm give 38
C. BODY LANGUAGE
Lastly, think about your 39 and gestures
Show confidence by: head up, chin out, shoulders back
Avoid scratching and fiddling because this 40 and irritates your audience