Why don't we talk about your friends in high school?
- Did you have many friends in high school? Why (not)?
- Did you have a best friend? Tell me about that person.
- Do you keep in contact with any of these people? Why (not)
Let's move on to talk about commuting to work or school.
- How do/did you commute to work or school? Why?
- Are/Were there ever problems commuting?
- Do you often use this method of travelling today?
Let's talk about the police.
- Have you ever had to ring the police? Why (not) ?
- Have you ever dealt face-to-face with police officers? Why (not)?
- Would you like to be a police officer? Why (not)?
- What attitude do the public have towards police in your country? Why?
Describe a city square, plaza, or open place that you have visited and liked.
You should talk about:
- Why you went there
- what is in that place
- How others use this area
and assess both its advantages and disadvantages.
One minute for note-taking
All right? Remember, you have one to two minutes for this, so don’t worry if I stop you. I’ll tell you when the time is up. Can you start speaking now, please?
Begin talking on the subject, and finish before, or at, the two-minute mark.
Do other people you know also like this place?
Thank you. Can you give me back the topic, and the paper and pencil, please?
- Does the city you live in, or know, have enough open space?
- Is it important to have open spaces in cities? Why (not)?
- How can such spaces be created in crowded modern cities?
- Is it practical to make such spaces?
Spaces in the Wild
- Does your country have much wilderness? Where? What sort?
- What wild animals and plants live there?
- Are these places visited much? Why (not)?
- Do you think it is important to preserve such wild places?
- What sort of public activities take place in your country?
- Do you have many demonstrations, protests, or rallies? What sort?
- Do you have public celebrations outdoors? What sort?
- What problems can occur during such outdoor events or celebrations?
Thank you for coming. That is the end of the speaking test.