The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
• Do you have any hobbies or interests? [What are they?]
• How did you become interested in (whatever hobby!interest the candidate mentions)?
• What is there to do in your free time in (candidate’s home town!village)!
• How do you usually spend your holidays?
• Is there anywhere you would particularly like to visit? [Why?]
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Water-based leisure activities
What do people enjoy doing when they visit rivers, lakes or the sea? Why do you think these activities are popular?
What benefits do you think people get from the activities they enjoy in the water?
What are the different advantages of going to the sea or to a swimming pool to enjoy yourself? What do you think the disadvantages are?
The economic importance of rivers, lakes and the sea
How does water transport, like boats and ships, compare with other kinds? Are there any advantages/disadvantages of water transport?
How important is it for a town or city to be located near a river or the sea? Why?
Have there been any changes in the number of jobs available in fishing and water transport industries, do you think? Why do you think this is?