The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
Food and cooking
• What kinds of food do you like to eat?
• What kind of new food would you like to try? [Why?]
• Do you like cooking? [Why/Why not?]
• What was the last meal you cooked?
• Do you prefer home-cooked food or food from restaurants? [Why?]
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
The social benefits of hobbies
Do you think having a hobby is good for people’s social life? In what way?
Are there any negative effects of a person spending too much time on their hobby? What are they?
Why do you think people need to have an interest or hobby?
In your country, how much time do people spend on work and how much time on leisure? Is this a good balance, do you think?
Would you say the amount of free time has changed much in the last fifty years?
Do you think people will have more or less free time in the future? Why?